Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

155 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can obesity be treated ?

Hey my daughter is obese she is 11 years old she is 5\
Sun, 8 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for query
please get her tested for thyroid also & rule out hereditary factor

Regular exercise along with balanced controlled diet works better than medicines.Sincere constant efforts are required to loose weight .

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Some time hereditary factor may give obesity
She should go for thyroid test
If she does not have thyroid then strict diet control is required.
total free fat diet.less carbohydrate food.
Avoid junk food,oily,fried and bulky fruits like banana,apple etc
Between two principle meal she should not eat any thing and if she gets hungry then take only green vegetables and salads.
Most important is physical exercise.go for running,jogging,swimming,rope jumping.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....