How can obesity be treated ?

Hey my daughter is obese she is 11 years old she is 5\
Sun, 8 Jan 2012
Medical Topics ,  
Hello

Thanks for query
please get her tested for thyroid also & rule out hereditary factor

Regular exercise along with balanced controlled diet works better than medicines.Sincere constant efforts are required to loose weight .

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Some time hereditary factor may give obesity
She should go for thyroid test
If she does not have thyroid then strict diet control is required.
total free fat diet.less carbohydrate food.
Avoid junk food,oily,fried and bulky fruits like banana,apple etc
Between two principle meal she should not eat any thing and if she gets hungry then take only green vegetables and salads.
Most important is physical exercise.go for running,jogging,swimming,rope jumping.