How can nose bleeds while on Eliquis be treated?

I have a nose bleed & I am on a blood thinner (Eliquis). What should I do? It is almost 5 am. I don t drive when it is dark (which it is), so don t want to go to the hospital. I am 85yrs old. Have a heart condition (Afib) & on medication for it, as well as blood pressure medication & a sleeping pill (Zolpidem) so am sleepy too. Can t believe I have to pay to have you answer?? I don t have that kind of money being on SS only.
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

To stop a nosebleed sit down and pinch the soft part of your nose, just above your nostrils, for at least 10-15 minutes.
Lean forward and breathe through your mouth, this will drain blood down your nose instead of down the back of your throat.
-Also maintain under control the blood pressure and go as soon as possible t the emergency room for further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.