Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

How can nasal polyps be treated ?

I have been having a lot of problems with my sinus for over a year now nd it has been causing me to have very bad headaches nd now I have had 2 nasal polyps in my left nostril the first one was more so bloddy nd this ome I have now has been in my nose for a month in a half. However I don t have insurance at the moment so I cannot see my. ent doctor
Asked On : Thu, 8 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  421
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

welcome to healthcaremagic

if you are having polyp only on one side, then it could be an antrochoanal polyp

take an antibiotic (tab levofloxacin 500mg once a day for 10 days) along with tab cetrizine once a day in the night for 10 days along with steam inhalation thrice a day for 10 days.

Answered: Wed, 14 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Aravinda Jawali's  Response
Start on Doxycycline tablets 100mg orally on daily in mornings for over 4 weeks.
Y o can take tab Paracetamol 2 qid prn/
Nasl polyps we will wait an d see. but you can try nasal decongestants available over the counter.use cautiously.
Answered: Fri, 9 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor