How can nasal congestion be treated?

Hi...I m just a little concerned about my nose...and I hope you dont mind my gross description but...It has maybe been happening for almost a month now. I ve had two colds in under one month with a 5-7 day break in between but maybe a bit before then, I ve been getting these very gross globs of mucus (?) Whenever I would blow my nose. It would just hang there like it would if you had a build up but it was so in tact that I could just pull it out in one long, slimy, almost slug-like rope and it would all come out and I would feel better...but it keeps happening. Also, my right nostril just recently this process has come out as a sort of orange and bloody color and my left is just a full white/pale green color...it s not clear or see through...Please help! Thank you
Mon, 9 Apr 2018
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, you have symptoms of nasal congestion which is mainly due to upper respiratory tract infection, post nasal drip due to sinusitis and could be common cold.

I would suggest you to take few preventive measures such as you should take cough expectorants. You should take anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic medication. Take nasal decongestants and mucolytic agents.

Avoid cold carbonated and cold beverages. Take diet rich in vitamin B12. You should take a proper course of antibiotics.

I would suggest you to visit an ENT specialist once and get complete examination done and get blood test and swab test done and start treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari