How can nasal congestion be treated?

Both nostrils plugged. Rt. is worse. I wait until about 2pm. then it s so hard to breath. I just blow..blow and eventually this hard, crusty/some blood comes out. I have not ever had this. I am 79yrs. weight is 121#. 5 ft. 1 . I can t get into my Dr. until Jan. 10/18.
Thu, 12 Apr 2018
Dentist 's  Response

As per your query, you have symptoms of nasal congestion which seems to be due to flu and upper respiratory tract infection.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to take preventive measures. Take steam inhalation on daily basis. Take diet rich in vitamin B12. Maintain complete hygiene. Apply mist humidifiers in room.

If symptoms keep on persisting, then visit ENT specialist once without any delay and get it examined. Go for blood test and nasal swab test and start treatment after complete examination.

Take combination of anti-inflammatory and antibiotic medication. Also, take nasal decongestants as well. Avoid touching or pricking nose with any object.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Harry Maheshwari