How can myasthenia gravis be treated?

Qi have myasthenia gravis and am on methotrexate. Dental implants are being encouraged. Amoxicillin seems to be a drug of choice for avoiding infections. It appears that amoxicillin is ok for mg but questionable with methotrexate. What do you recommend?
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you can use methotrexate or immunosuppressive therapy in myesthenia however steroid pulse or use of drugs which help with increasing acetylcholine may be needed so regular follow up with your primary neurologist is a must. You should also use folic acid once weekly while on methotrexate. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.