How can my niece be treated of convulsing and congenital atrophy ?

Hi My niece was born 2 month ago she is a twin she has starts convulsing two days ago and was rushed to the hospital the preliminary tests reveals an infection AND a congenital atrophy she moves correctly she eats normaly and is gaining weight she has one eye slightly smaller than the other but they are perfectly coordinated I am very worried and dont kinow what to expect The other baby is fine and present no signs of malformation How likely is she to become epileptic or to develop mental problems
Sat, 7 May 2011