Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How can my height be increased ?

hi! i am kutub. age22 yr.weight 55 kg. hight 5ft3inch.i wnt to increase my hight any how
Asked On : Sat, 20 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
at age of 22 to increase height is nearly impossible as your bony ends are calcified.
although if you want to increase height then take help of exercise. don't take medicine which are available in market. there is no use but cause you harm.
take care...
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.Dear after age of puberty that is 14 years in male,no major increment in height is possible,as the ends of long bones fuses under the influence of hormones.So you can not increase your height at this age.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello kutub;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The height of the person is determined by the genes running in his family so you will gain height in proportion to your parents and grand parents.Secondly the height of the male increases maximum upto the age of 21 yrs by this age the bones get fused and there is nothing to help it increase after that.So at 22 yrs i guess your growth may have stopped so a increase is not possible naturally.
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor