Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can my height be increased ?

respect SIR my age is 19 years. and my height is 5ft 7inc ang weight is 56.8 kg. i want to increase my height by 5 feet 10inc to 6 it possible for me to increase my height. my gender is male.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
hi there is still a chance for you to grow till your age is keep taking healthy and balanced diet along with exercise and yoga under an expert
wish you a good luck
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Hi Mr. Rana
regular exercise and balanced diet with slightly more proteins will make your body as per your desires. Be happy ----- is the best advice.
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since you are 19 years age, there is no way you can increase height by any products. Don't get cheated by anyone who tells you they can. You're height is in average male height. Not to worry. you ca eat healthy fruits and vegetables and exercise daily, do graded muscle weight bearing exercises to increase muscle bulk and become fit and appear well built. Not to worry. Your personality will depend on how you come across, not your height. GOOD LUCK !!!!
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Rana;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The height of boys can grow upto 21 yrs till the bones get fused so hopefully your height will increase naturally.Another thing to keep in mind is that the height is genetically related and your height will be in proportion to your parents or grand parents and not more.Just in case you want to be more than and want to do it with the help of medicines then you have to consult a Endocrinologist who will help you with the issue and the medicines which are hormonal.
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Yes there is chance of growth in height up to age is 21yrs. you still have possilbility of height growth. until fusion of growth centre, normally height is genetically also depending your parents. During the chance of height gain yoga, meditation, exercise and calcium rich content intake may help you gaining possible height.
take care
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi rana,welcome to HCM..
The age limit to grow height for boys is around 21 yrs of age so remember you can still grow few inches but you need to take a balanced diet along with proper exercises like running, yoga. meditation too. Take a good sleep for about 6 to 8 hrs IN NIGHT as necessary growth hormones are produce in body during early phase of deep sleep. consult dietician in mean while.
Your dietician prepares a proper diet plan for you after considering various factors like – age, weight, height, your tastes, nature of your work, etc. If you regularly follow the diet plan in accordance with the instructions given by the dietician it helps not only in increasing your height but also in improving your general health.
take care...
Answered: Sat, 23 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor