Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

How can my height be increased ?

My age is 16 and my height is only 5 feet 1 inch my all class friends are taller then me. i am very worried about my height is it possible to increase my height with out any operation or medicine. i have consulted a doctor before you he said me that it is only possi9ble if they inject height hormones in my body. But this process is very expensive my father don t afford it. But my fathers height is more then 6 feet then i thought that hormones are already in my body.I am also a student of Fsc 1st year. i am very worried about my height i shell be very thankful to u if u helped me i my this matter.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Height has a genetic relation so if your parents & grand parents are tall you also will become tall.Since your father is 6' then even you will be close by .A boys height increases upto at least 21 yrs or even more so you have lot of time left.So please don't worry presently you don't need any medicine to increase height.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear thanks for choosing health care magic.In most of the cases in males after sexual characters develop means genitals develop,you started to have erection,hairs on beard,in axilla and on beard you can not in any way increase your height.If at the age of 16 this developments has not taken place then you can have male hormone deficiency which can treated with medicines or injections.So it this is the case then only you can increase your height.other wise you have to accept it and move ahead in life.Still in doubt please see your family doctor he will help you.beware of media ads claiming good results,you may be and take care.
Answered: Mon, 4 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor