Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How can my father having minimal pleural effusion following fall can helped to overcome the problem?

actually my father he is not good now. 6days before he had fallen on rock and got hurt on the left side below chest and now he cant even breathe. when a cough comes he goes through some pain and cant breathe freely at that moment. we have drone ct scan and we got the result as he has minimal pleural effusion on his left side. so can you doctor help me or give some advice so that my father can overcome from this problem
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello Summi,
Thanks for coming to HCM. Sorry to hear about your father's condition. You should take him to the physician as he needs good physical examination. You did not mention if your father had external injury on chest too, also if any pleural tapping was done. I am assuming here that he was negative for rib fracture. He might be developing some infection at the injury site too. Please tell us the details of CT scan report and any other tests done. Also, please tell us age of your father, any diseases he have & if he is taking any medicines including aspirin. In any case, he needs to visit physician.
Wish your father get better soon.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor