Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How can my daddy's haemoglobin level be increased ?

Hi My dad is diabetic with 55 yrs old. his Haemoglobin have come down to 7 mg. He has his kidney also malfunctioned, so if he has some thing to increase hb, creatinine level comes up to 2.8. pls suggest good diet for him to increase hb.
Wed, 20 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
your father has a diabetic nephropathy that too advanced
kidney functions of ur father are below 25%,75 have been lost
Erythopioten is not secreated by kidneys
UR father needs erythopioten with iron therapy
and probably blood transfusion
No diet can increase the HB of UR father
plz consult a nephrologist
take care
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
juice of pomegranate, munaka soaked over night , dates soaked overnight, anjir soaked over night, beet root, any of these can be had if sugar is controlled or their dose can be adjusted, otherwise punarnava mandur is the drug of choice which will help in keeping createnine under control and also increase Hb.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor