Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How can my TSH level be controlled ?

Reports show my THS level always more than 8 and doctors advise me 50mg to 100mg tablets always since two years. For how long I have to carry on with these tablets. My age is 45, height is 5 -5 and I get oversensitive on problems at times. My name is Sabiya from India.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Sabiya,

Your TSH levels are high even after taking treatment for hypothyroidism. This indicates that the dose that you are taking may not be sufficient to correct your hypothyroidism.

Please get a T3, T4 and TSH test done and consult your treating physician. He/she may change your dose of thyroid hormone tablets depending on the test reports.

In most patients, hypothyroidism requires life-long treatment.

Your symptoms of excess sensitivity over problems may also be related to your thyroid disease and will probably subside after your thyroid disease is adequately treated.
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor