Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can memory loss, confusion and depression be treated?

My husband died 4 years ago on July 6th. I have been unable to get my strength or mind on life. I am always confused &have a hard time with memory (short time). I have insurance and am on many medications. I am 73, seem to be in fair health but have all the old age problems. I have never had this problem before. I don t have thoughts suicide and am ok do financially. If there is a way to get help with this? Could it be a form of PTSD? Thank you for any help you can give me. Caroline Varn YYYY@YYYY
Mon, 4 Nov 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Based on the history you have shared, yes it can be a form of PTSD but more likely it's exacerbated by an underlying generalized anxiety disorder.

It's better to seek a psychiatrist review as soon as possible as you may need to be put on antidepressant drugs like escitopram with or without sleep medications.

Sessions with motivational psychologists, group therapies and behavior modification therapies may also be needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Saddiq Ulabidin, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

sir my husband suffering depression problem he became angry at the smaller things he had became drinker some time breaks home furniture feels...