How can kidney function be improved?

How can I improve kidney function? My PCP commented I noticed that the kidney function bumped up with a creatinine from 0.9 to 1.3. We need to repeat this test and if it remains elevated then I will refer you to see a kidney specialist. I am diabetic who recently had the Gastric Bypass to see if I could improve or eliminate my diabetes after 15 years. I am trying to drink lots of water but right now it is a little difficult due to bloating.
Mon, 29 Oct 2018
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

In my opinion, the first step to improve your kidney function is to stop eating too much meat.

Review your diet and drugs with your diabetes specialist to have a proper control of diabetes, or if you're taking oral anti-diabetes drugs (which may alter kidney and liver function too) consult for the option to pass on insulin therapy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Elton Halili,