How can joint pain in the fingers, toes and knees be treated?

morning doctor, what can i treat my joint pains, its a nightmare, starting from the fingers, toes, knees, back every part of my body where there are bones and joins are very painful, its worse in the night when I wake up for me to stand up from the bed I have to struggle. My knees they swell and I have been told to exercise but it becomes worse not helping me at all, what medication should I take?
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Considering your complaints, might be related to rheumatoid arthritis.
This is a type of arthritis that affects finger, toes joints and gradually other joints of the body and it is accompanied with difficulty moving these joints.
You should consult a rheumatologist, perform X-ray of joints, rheumatoid factor blood analysis.
Meanwhile, you can use Naproxen 1 tablet once daily, for pain relief and anti inflammatory effect.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.