How can itching on the back be treated?

I have had itching mainly on my back that appears under the skin as there is no spot, rash, welts, etc. This has been for over 1 year. My Dr. prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% topical cream which offers very little relief for maybe an hour. Dr. does not seem to care about looking further into a cause. Can you offer some direction ?
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps it is a neurogenic itch called meralgia paresthetica. I suggest you to try oral Gabapentin or Pregabalin as these are quite effective. In addition, you can apply a moisturizer regularly, 2-3 times a day, for a few days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Kakkar S.