How can itching and burning sensation in the vagina be treated?

Hello i am linda, i am taking fluconazale for a vaginal yeast infection that i have had for 2 months. I have taken i pill but it isn t working yet. What can i take in the mean time to stop this itching and burning?. I have been takind advil but was told this is not a good thing to take. Help. Linda
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
You should get a vaginal swab examination done to confirm the type of yeast causing the infection. Sometimes, the yeast infection is caused by resistant candida species, and in that case , Fluconazole needs to be taken for a longer duration.

Dr Deepti Verma