How can itching and burning sensation in the vagina be treated?

My Clit an labia have been itching for 3 weeks now. the itch is painful an burns and is extremely hard not to rub esp on my clit hood. The only way to relieve the symptoms is ice. The doctor gave me novo nordisk vaginal tablets 10 mg which i have been using for a week or so as i am menopausal. It eased off fora few days but is back again and I cant see my doctor for a week when the itching gets bad the hood swells an also some of the labia swells. also using vagisil but it does not help. Dont think I can wait another week.
Fri, 9 Nov 2018

Most probably it will be an early sign of fungal infections like yeast.

As of now, you can use Clotrimazole lotion to cleanse your genitals.

If symptoms persist better to consult a gynecologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,