How can irregular periods and bad cramps be cured ?

Hi, im a 16 year old teen girl who has irregular periods and bad cramps. Is birth control the best way to solve these issues?
Thu, 2 Feb 2012
hi,
welcome to health care magic
yes,but you have to take it at least for 3 months.

Please type your query here. Since this query is directed to our panel of specialists and super-specialists, please mention your problem in as much detail as possible. Do not forget to highlight your Age, Gender, Medical History and Treatment History of the problem you are facin Last month on the 7 I had my regular period. Then on the 21 of the same month I got a heavier period thAt lasted longer. Now in the month of march I started bleeded early last week but it only seemed to be spotting. A couple days ago I also had really bad stomach pains that became really bad and lasted all night. What could cause this? Are these things related? I m 18 years old I m on birth control but I never remember to take it.

This whole year my cycle has been messed. In march, i did not have a period. April, my period was heavy but none went on my pad just when i wiped. May, my period lasted a day. June, my period starts 5 days early, im cramping really bad but once again there is nothing on my pad just when i wipe. So im trying to figure out what is going on?

Well, I m a full time college student and I ve been under alot of stress. Relaxing isn t really my thing. In other words I don t know how to relax. Also, I started my period when I was 7 years old and I m currently 21. My period has NEVER be regular. I ve had one. Everyone month on occasion I d skip a month, but never two or three. I could get my period at the beginning of the month and then the next I could get it at the end of the month. It changes monthly. So last January my period kept going on and off during the months I was in school. So for instance I then missed my period for 2 months then summer break came along and I recieved my period for 14 days straight. Then, it stopped. In the summer I would get my period regularly. Then school came around and I got my last period I want to say the end of August. Then, after that I had brown discharge coming out for Sept, Oct, and Nov. In November I got my period for three days very light, though it was even brown. Then, a week later I started my period December 2 and that week was my last week of school because after I was going on Christmas break. So I had my period for about 4/5 days and it was fine. Then, out of no where my period gets excessively heavier to where I m stocking up on a few pads at a time. I then had my period for 16 days and then It still wasn t stopping. It didn t seem to have any signs of it stopping anytime soon. At that time I was feeling weak. So I went to the er she took me got me into the room she asked me what s going etc. So I explained everything from the beginning. She said she was going to put me on medroxyprogesterone to stop my period and to take one tablet for ten days. So I fast and come back the next day. I get blood taken out for a cbc and a urinary analysis. They take the blood I wait for results so I called back that Tuesday after Christmas. She then wanted me to come in for my results. I go in she explains how everything is good with me except that I have iron diffecincany anemia and my Vitamin D was low on top of having an infection down there. She said it could be because of how moist that area was because of the period being so long. Also, my liver was slightly elevated. She then said she wanted to check to make sure I didn t have hepatitis in my liver. Which I ended up not having anything wrong there. She said stress plays a big part and also being slightly overweight as well as a poor diet. She asked me if my period stopped and I said yes, because four days after she gave me the medroxyprogesterone is stopped my period. So I was on it for a total of 20 days in all reality I get my period for 6/7 days on average. So twenty days is 3 months of period for me. So I finished medroxyprogesterone. Then, I was put on 55,000 vitamin D for two months and I take iron pills three times a day. Although it s been 3 months in and I stopped them bc I feel I don t need them anymore. Unless, I feel tired I take them. So then I started my period on new years eve and it led into January till the 5/6th I believe. My period came normal I was heavy the first two days then the rest became lighter. Shortly after i started up my spring semester. Then, my period dissappeard. I get symptoms of a period like light cramps, on occasion brown discharge. Then, I get red/pink discharge coming out only sometimes around the time I m supposed to be on my period. I have white sticky discharge. So it seems I m ovulating, but no blood yet. I heard about taking a pregnancy test for certain cancers and that it detects high levels of hcg, I took it and it was negative. Plus, they would have found something in the tests they took. Also, I m not sexually active. I was told that, that could also be a reason my hormones are all over. I just need a professionals point of view.

Recent questions on  Irregular menstruation

Hi, I had embolization April last year but this January I have started bleeding in between periods. It happened twice, once in February and this month too. And this month my cycle was 28 days, normally it s between 23 and 25 days. By the way, I have irregular periods.

Hi, I have irregular periods and the cycle happens once in 40 to 50 days. We got certain tests done and the doctor said I have PCOD which is causing the irregularity. She prescribed Deviry 10mg on th 30th day and Novalon tablets from day 1 of periods. I started doing this but the cycle is yet irregular

Hi! I am 40 years old and starting having irregular periods for about 2 years.I can go 2-3 months without having one then go three months with one, the last one was normal, then 2 weeks later it came back very light and now it has been 19 days of a very light period. Vaginal dryness for about 2 years and the start of warm flashes. Is this perimenopause?

I have been having irregular menstrual bleeding for the past year. Gyn found polyp during pap. Ordered Ultrasound. Please translate this ultrasound report into human language because I don't understand any of it. Thx. EXAMINATION: Ultrasound...

Iam 33yr old , married almost one and half year, after marriage iam facing irregular periods, due to which i have put on weight, Doctor prescribed me to take cycloreg tab for 5days during night, but moment i inhale this tablet, after few mins,i get severe stomach pain and feel like vomitting and some time vomit. Actually i had told doctor i am not ready for pregnant, and foremost thing i want to lose weight. Iam scared anything goes wrong or does it affect my health or if i want to get pregnant does it effect that time. Please suggest me.

Suffering from irregular periods problem since last week

I have been taking ovuloc ld for 1 month as a birth control method from 2nd day of my periods regularly. only 2 pink pills are left. My periods have not yet started but I could see some spotting.when my periods will start