How can insomnia, panic attacks and depression be treated?

I have been prescribed 300 mg of gabapentin a day and 10 mg of valium twice a day, the PA stopped me off of xanax cold turkey after being on it for 15 years. I was also put on lamotrogine 3 years ago 100 mg, with no explanation as to why. i have severe insomnia and panic attacks and agoraphbia. I have been taking all 3 gabapentin at night plus one valium to try to sleep. i have nightmares, vivid dreams and panic attacks in the night. I am very agitated and depressed all the time, along with anger, which I have never had. please help me.
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If they stopped Xanax cold turkey and started Valium 10 mg in place, then most likely they want you to stop taking Xanax. Xanax has high abuse potential compared to Valium. Valium and Gabapentin both will help to ease the withdrawal of Xanax. The panic attacks, insomnia, anxiety you are having are occurring due to withdrawal of Xanax only. In persisting symptoms one thing that can be done is to increase the dose of Valium for some time. This will ease the withdrawal to some extent. You can talk with your doctor for that.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.