Thanks for contacting with your health concern
1. The commonest insect which can spoil a good camping trip are ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, ants, No-Se-Ums and given the description of fang-like bite marks it could be a spider bite
which has scabbed.
1. Initially please follow the said protocol:
- clean the bite with mild soap and water and apply an antibiotic ointment.
- Apply a cool compress over the bite
- as the bite is on the foot, elevate the leg
- one can take over the counter [OTC] medicine as per symptoms [pain killers and anti histamine]
- but if the bite becomes infected, then antibiotics have to be recommended. [avoid scratching the bite area to reduce the chances of infection]
2. If you are unsure about the type of bite get carefully examined by a health care provider. [ since one has to exclude other infections which can mimic spider bite like MRSA, Lyme disease
, bed bug/flea bites]