How can insect bites on the right hand be treated?

last week end i went camping. i felt a slight pain like a bug bite me on the ball of my right hand. At first i thought it was just a mosquito bite because those common. It would itch like one at times as well. Then later on i noticed it was clustering more bumps around it spreading up my hand about a centimeter up. Two of the bumps are at an even distance to look like fangs bit me. The two bumps also look like black heads as if they were slightly scabbed.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
**
Thanks for contacting with your health concern

1. The commonest insect which can spoil a good camping trip are ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, ants, No-Se-Ums and given the description of fang-like bite marks it could be a spider bite which has scabbed.

1. Initially please follow the said protocol:
- clean the bite with mild soap and water and apply an antibiotic ointment.
- Apply a cool compress over the bite
- as the bite is on the foot, elevate the leg
- one can take over the counter [OTC] medicine as per symptoms [pain killers and anti histamine]
- but if the bite becomes infected, then antibiotics have to be recommended. [avoid scratching the bite area to reduce the chances of infection]

2. If you are unsure about the type of bite get carefully examined by a health care provider. [ since one has to exclude other infections which can mimic spider bite like MRSA, Lyme disease, bed bug/flea bites]