Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
132 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can infertility due to PCOD be treated?

Hi Am 36 years old lady married since 1 year and TTC. Have irregular periods and PCOD. Have moved to UK for work with my hubby. Due to age is my concern now. Am not able to afford to see private GP. Have recently done my blood tests for FSH, LH, etc. Have been taking the folic acid tablets 1 each day. with an auyrvedic tonic to regularise the periods. I could not get a chance to take any treatment as I had to move UK for work with hubby. And seeing an private GP here is been challenging as I cant afford. But keen to have a baby immediate. FSH -4.0 u/L LH - 13.2 u/L Testosterone - Prolactin level - 914 mu/L
Wed, 3 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You need drug as tablet Metformin one tablet a day for treatment of infertility.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Varinder Joshi,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i m 33 years old and have PCOD. i m taking treatment and two IUI has failed. This is my third time and doctor is giving me injection, today is 12...