Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
161 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can infertility be treated?

have been trying to conceive for three years but have gynae put me on letrozole and hyponidd combo but failed too. later she ntroduced me to injections which have also not bore fruits... what could be the problem because i do ovulate normaly. cecyl
Thu, 1 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi there,
After going through your query, I am of the opinion that:
1) Simply put, infertility could be due to male partner, female partner or both.
2) Male factor can be easily tested by a simple semen analysis.
3)For the female part, infertility can be caused due to :
- Ovulation problems
- Abnormalities in genital tract
- Immunological factor.
4) This means that if you are ovulating normally and there is no male factor abnormality, problem could be in your genital tract like cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes.
5) My suggestion is that you go for a hysterosalpingography to check for tubal potency as the next step.
6) If this does not work out, then test for immunological factor can be carried out called PCT ie post-coital test.

I hope I was able to be of some assistance,
Dr. SHikha
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am of age 38 and my wife age is 36. We are married since 2003. We still don t have any child. My medical tests are found OK, and my wife s...