Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
161 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can infected rashes around the penis and scrotum be treated?

I had a yeast infection. I had a terrible rash on my scrotum and around the penis. I m a large guy and penis retracts/buries, but I have normal erections. Now after the rash clearing it s as if I m not circumcised and my erection will not fully emerge/head of penis exposed. It s a tight feeling more than painful. What s going on? When not erect I can take my finger and feel the entire glans. I m freaking out that the skin that was rash covered has healed together..please help.
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may suffering from balanitis or balanoprosthitis with scrotal eczema. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. It may be due to diabetes or infection or syphilis etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a rash that has persisted on my scrotum and penis. it is red and blotchy like hives almost and itchy. I treated it for jock itch with otc...