Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

How can i take the treatment for hair fall and dandruff ?

Hi, I am 27 years old and I am suffering from hair fall. I have dandruff problem and whenever I touch my hair I find at least 5 hairs in my hands. I also noticed that my hair has become thiner than earlier. Please help me out, I scare of this baldness ....
Asked On : Sun, 8 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  Anonymous's Response
i also hv same problem and thanks for suggestion
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u have severe hair loss problem.
take food rich in protein .
drink more water.
use SCALPE will treat ur dandruff.
dont keep ur hair too wet for long time
u ca take tab biotin once a day
use minoxidil 2% ,2 ml a day
use almond oil
use ur comb separate.
check ur HB.
better to consult dermatologist
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Homeopathic medicines work wonders in all types of hair fall and especially in cases of premature loss of hair and Alopecia consult experienced Homoeopath.
scalp and neck massage will help redue stress and hair fall
balanced diet.
pranayama atleast thrice a week is beneficial for general health and will help reduce hair fall
use mild shampoo,and avoid washing hairs with hot water.
good luck
Answered: Sun, 8 May 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Dandruff per say has no relations to hair loss,but you can use any good medicated shampoo like those containing ketoconazole with ZPTO.
You have not mentioned about your gender,kindly do so.Your treatment depends upon whether you are male or female.
In females the most common cause of hair loss is –iron deficiency, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problem, stress, lack of sleep, familial ,or use of chemical on scalp ,procedures like perming or straightening etc. Other rare causes are zn & copper def.

In males,andogenetic alopecia is most common apart from the above rare causes. One has to find the exact cause of hair loss and treat.
In females there are various patterns of hair loss,which can be judged clinically by a dermatologist.In females one should get a hormonal level checked along with an ultra sound if necessary to rule out PCOD.This usually seen in obese patient with irregular periods.
Other simple test which we do (both male and females) are hair pull test and trichogram to diagnose which type of hair loss is there. After proper diagnosis you can start with topical preparations like Minoxidil 2%-5% applied twice daily on scalp along with tab biotin once daily.In males we also add tablet finestride orally daily. There are low level lasers also to control hair loss .I've been using the same for last two years with good result.They are FDA approved also.
In females if there is hormonal disturbances then ,they would require hormonal tablets to control their hair loss.
Hypo & Hyper thyroidism both can cause hair loss ,so kindly get it checked.Usually thinning of hair is seen in such cases.
Improve your diet with green leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, sprouts ,pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play . We also do hair transplantation for those needed.

So ,consult a dermatologist who suggest you a treatment accordingly.
Take care,
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor