Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How can i strengthen heart by diet and exercise in case of leaky tricuspid valve and bi-lateral enlarged heart ?

what can I do in the "natural" i.e. type"s" of exercise, eating , supplements, etc.,to strengthen my heart & help whatever is going on with it? I was recently been told I have a sever leaky tricuspid valve. (2002 it was mild ). Today, dr. called & told me radiologist s report results showed from recent chest ex-ray: bi-lateral enlarged heart. What can I do in natural to help situation. Since heart is a muscle, how much can it be strengthened?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  325
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome rilla
Heart is a muscle but it is a smooth muscle and not the skeleton one to perform any exercise. since you have tricuspid leak you will need the surgery sooner or later. but such type of condition progresses v slowly so do not hurry but follow your cardiologist's advise. till then best natural exercise is walking atleast 2 km a day., avoiding any fatty food,must stop any smoking/drinking etc. any excessive work may lead you to short of breath so avoid that. keep taking medicines very regularly. there is gradual cardiomegaly so plz do as your doc advises.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Rilia,thanks for query.Dear please understand that your condition requires regular treatment from your cardiologist.Please discuss with him about the treatment options that you have.In general exercise is not going to help,on the contrary strenuous workout are not advisable for you.Watch your weight and try to maintain it near normal.Do regular walking and build the speed and distance gradually.
Hope this helps,
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor