Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

How can i stop the drinking habit ?

my husband drinks on daily basis.i want to know of the ways i can make him quit my husband drinks on daily basis.tried to convince him,but in vain.i have heard of medicines that can be given by mixing in food,withut telling the person.can anyone marriage is at stake.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi madam,
if the drinking problem has come to this extent that your marriage is at stake, u need to do something soon. there is no point in tryin to treat it without even him knowing about the treatment. unless he decides to quit, it cannot be made possible to do so. please convince him somehow & take him to a de-addiction centre & get him admitted for few days. he will need lot of counselling & treatment therafter fo him to get out of it. its impossible for him to get out of it by him not willing for the same.
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor