Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How can i stop my periods ?

Hi I am not interested in giving birth and want to adopt. I was wondering if there was any operation or pills I could take to stop me having my periods. I am 14, have never given birth, I have no illnesses and have had my periods for around 3.5 year. Can you help?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You are too young right now to take such a big decision of your life.Still if you persist, no pills will help you. Only hysterectomy is the answer.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
What is hysterectomy exactly? I've known for years that I want to adopt 'why go through so much pain when you can make a child happy?" I always say. Because I'm still at school I find it difficult to do PE during my period and the job I want to do involves physical activity, I just don't know how I would cope in the future, that's why I want to stop my period.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
  Anonymous's Response
I agree with Dr. Rakhi Tayal that you're way too young to make such a big decision right now. A hysterectomy is a surgery to remove your uterus. Pretty sure you have to be a certain age to get that done and it's not that easy to get it either.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor