Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

How can i reduce triglycerides level ?

my lipid profile is serum triglycerides 340 cholesterol 255 my age is 32 my serum total triglycerides is 217Mg/dt how can i reduce
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  998
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Go for diet containing less fat, carbohydrate,
No fried and junk food,
More green veges and salads,fresh fruits,
Exercise is very important,do it daily for about 35-40 mnt,
Medicines are available,take advice of your doctor.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Wiquar Ahmed's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
hi lipid profile is abnormal and you need to reduce it as soon as possible to avoid any risk of heart disease .This level cannot be treated conservatively you need medical management as well .you can take tab atorva 10mg at night and cut on the oily foods and do regular exercise which should include walking for atleast one hour.take a nice heavy breakfast ,a normal lunch and very light dinner and that too at least 2 hours before sleeping.
thank you
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Channabasappa K's  Response
i think you are leading sediantary life style,s,cholesterol crossed borderline of 240mg/dl,while s,triglycesirades almost twic the normal range,that means you will be at risk of developing IHD in early life.try to reduce fatty food almost nil for some months with regular exercise&if you are eating at home,at least use refined sunflower oil with zero cholesterol or ricebrain oil is also good,no nonveg except fish.donot eat egg yolk,no medicine necessary at this age.take care.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

This much of report indicates hyperlipidemia.and it is responsible for further delopment of certain disease like ischemic heart disease,diabetes,cv strock...

This requires immediate medical management at age of 32.for medical management you have to consult physician, otherwise start exercise like brisk walk.swimming,cycling.take more fruit juices,boiled vegetable,suops,salads. avoid fatty food,dairy products,icecreams and white flour items like pizza,sendwich,burger.

Count your BMI according to your height and weight,try to keep it around 25 if it is high.repeat the test after 3 months.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor