Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How can i prevent itchy rash around mouth area ?

hello. i have developed a lumpy itchy and painful and burning sore rash around my mouth and chin. some look like blisters and some look like spots. could it be from kissing a guy on the lips which was monday night, it started showing up tuesday evening and worse today? I m not allergic to anything as i know. I m female, 26. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It could be a viral infection called Herpes labialis. You will need to rule this out along with possible bacterial infection from your Dermatologist. You may apply soothing antibiotic cream to reduce the infection symptoms for the time being. Keep the area dry and avoid exposure to sunlight.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
u have herpes labialis infection from the guy u kiss.
u need to consult dermatologist as u need to take acyclovir medicine as early as possible according to ur age and weight
avoid stress ,sun light,fast ,improper sleep ,smoke to avoid reoccurance as herpes has property to occur again once it subside.
apply plain antibiotic cream to prevent bacterial infection.
u can take analgesic medicine for pain .
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor