Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

How can i miss periods when not indulging in intercourse ?

hi i m 22 yr old married girl i m not having intercourse last 2 months igot my period last 23rd january but in febuary i missed my period its about 20days late frm right date . please help me
Asked On : Sun, 13 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi there,
there are several reasons other than pregnancy that may cause this.If there is no chance of pregnancy,then there could be hormonal causes,or even emotional upset.I suggest that you wait this month,if you dont get it,then see a doctor.
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hiii Shikha,

You are 22yrs and not having intercourse for last 2 months. You have missed period of 20 days from right date.
First of all,you do a home pregnancy test with urine immediately to exclude chance of pregnancy.
One month delayed period is no significant until persistent delayed/irregular. You may suffer from OLIGOMENORRHOEA and need to investigate properly.

It is defined as infrequent period and delay of several months in between and more common in pubertal girls.It is mostly due to inadequate maturation of H-P-O axis and inadequate hormonal stimulation.
The cycle are often anovulatory in first 1-2 yrs.Gradually full development of normal ovulatory cycle and it will not have any harmful effect in future fertility.

Several Causes:
1)Mental & physical stress like vigorous exercise, emotional upset
2)Anorexia nervosa-if wt less than 47kg,
4)PCOD with over wt.

If period is irregular or delaying more than 2 months, you need to do a USG,Thyroid function test,FSH/LH and prolactin level and consult to your gynaecologist.
Along with maintain a healthy diet,control wt and regular light exercise.

It is better to wait this month before taking any intervention.

All the best. If you need extra consultation,then contact with me,my id:
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor