Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

How can i get relief from severe chest pain post tuberculosis treatment and being HIV-1 infected ?

I am a 24 year old female, I weigh 49 kg, I v got monochromic anaemia ,I was diagnosed with Pulmonary and Abdominal Tuberculosis through a biopsy in February 2011,however I m HIV- I have been on tuberculosis treatment for 4 months,but I still get severe chest pains at night. why is that?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  884
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcaremagic forum!

The chest pain maybe because of weakness and also you have stated that you have anaemia which leads to wekaness. also the tuberculosis is not completely cured so it adds to the chest pain. Try taking rest and do breathing excercises( pranayama). Also take diet which contains good protiens and vitamins.

wishing you good health!
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
There could be many causes for the chest pain, Do you have cough with blood streaked sputum. The bronchitis due to TB could cause pain especially increased on coughing. Is there any fever. You must never stop taking the Anti-TB drugs unless you develop reactions like jaundice, vision problems which are rare, for which you must discuss with the Doctor and he will make adequate changes. The chest pains would decrease soon after the antibiotics kill the TB bacteria. You may do steam inhalation for relief. Normochromic anaemia suggests anaemia due to chronic disease such as TB. Your ESR also may be high. You need to take proteinaceous food like cereals, pulses, eggs, lean meat, chicken if you are non-vegetarian. Drink plenty of water. Don't worry. The first symptoms of good Anti-TB treatment is weight gain. Kindly speak with your Doctor for other methods of relief of your chest pain.
Answered: Sat, 11 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor