Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

How can i get cure from callous skin on my palm ?

I have a callus on my hand near the bottom of the palm right before hand meets the wrist. It is painful to the touch, and feels knotted/deep ... It has a small clear dot in the center and a small reddish dot to the left and bigger one to the right. I am 22 year old mail. Could sweating and dehydration from bath salts cause this snorting/ oral intake. I also have been using lots of lotions to keep skin from being dehydrated and washing hands frequently
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There could be an infected callus or even a ganglion of the wrist region. Kindly get examined by an Orthopaedician to find the right diagnosis and treatment as you may need incision and drainage or excision with/without antibiotic coverage. Avoid using bath salts as the way you do as there are lot of severe side effects including severe hypertension, bleeds in the brain, heart failure and even sudden death.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor