Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can i control high cholesterol level ?

I am Shahinur Rahman from Bangladesh, age 40 yrs, problem high triglyceride ( 2.50 mmol/L, what medicine i can use? Lipid profile & LFT report. T. Cholesterol - 5.03 mmol/L, HDL- 0.87mmol/L, LDL-3.02 mmol/L,Triglyceride-2.50 mmol/L, T. Chol/HDl Ratio- 5.78, LDL/HDl ratio- 3.47, Total Bilirubin - 18.80 umol/L, Alkaline Phosphatase 55.60 U/L, ALT (SGPT)- 34.70, AST (SGOT)- 25.30 U/L. please give me what can i do now. My weight- 55 kg, hight- 5.6 inchi. age 40-41 yrs. All test i made from ICDDR,b, dhaka, Bangladesh. thanking you, Md. Shahinur
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Before starting on any medication suggest strict diet control and regular exercise.Avoid fried items of food and reduce intake of butter,ghee,cheese
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor