Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

How can i avoid limping post an ankle fracture ?

my father is 66 weighs about 60kg and height is 5 ft. He had thread like fracture in theanke some 10 yrs ago. Today he limps while walking. we see curved legs since summer. what precautionary measures to be taken. my father is 66 , hieght about 5 ft and weight 60 kg and we see curved legs since summer. he had a thread like fracture in the ankle some 10 years ago. Now he limps a bit. He always prefer walking. He rarely visits a doctor . What measure to be taken?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
hi there,
thread like fractures in past about 10 years ago-it might have healed,to confirm it you need to get an x-ray done of foot AP and LATERAL view,besides that the cause of curved leg is different it may be due to various other reasons,i suggest you to get consulted with a orthopedics doctor,he will examine and get some investigation done then only the cause of curved legs could be known,as of now your father can take some multi vitamins and calcium tablets these are available in market by the name BECOSULE and CALCIUM GLUCONATE to be taken daily once.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor