How can high fever be treated?

Hello, my child is running a 101 temp to 102, he doesn’t want to eat at all but is very thirsty all the time. His stool is gummy but holds shape. He’s been this way for about a day and a half. I’m not used to these type of symptoms for typical flu and cold. Any Ideas?
Fri, 23 Mar 2018

You give him syrup paracetamol 125mg/5ml if the child is less than two years or 250mg/5ml if the child is more than two years, in the dose of 5ml three to four times per day. Also if there are persistent loose stools you can give syrup power gel 5ml thrice a day for five days. Do tepid sponging. If not better consult a pediatrician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sanjay Kini