How can high fever be treated?

My Mom was in a hospital with some stomach flu like symptoms, but her pain was 9 out of 10 and she got a high fever after she stopped vomiting. She has that fever for 24 hours already, but no symptoms of diarea during this time. How usual it is to develop a high fever and how long it might last in case of a stomach flu? Could it be something else?
Mon, 26 Mar 2018

Stomach flu treated as symptomatic management. For gastritis and vomiting that you have rabeprazole plus domperidone combination can prescribe. Take more fruit juice. Avoid excess spicy foods. Cooked oatmeal help in the soothing stomach.

If no improvement, then ofloxacin plus ornidazole combination, can be prescribed for seven days. If needed ultrasound abdomen, CBC, SGPT investigation done.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami