How can high cholesterol levels be treated?

Yes, Good Evening Doctor. I am a 62 year old Male, 225lbs, 6ft 1 . Recently Retired a year ago. I have had several blood tests through the years which all consistently indicated that I have my LDL level is high~ 104. HDL is low ~36. and Triglycerides ~113. Total Chol- 158. I am concerned because my lipoprotein ratio is backwards. I take RX- Atenolol w/chlorthalid-100/25, and Ramipril-10mg daily for blood pressure. (for 10 years+). I would like to get off these meds sometime soon. I take RX- Androgel 1.62% gel daily for low testosterone. (for 5 years). I also take Red Rice Yeast 1200mg during breakfast with the above 2 medications. (for 10years+). Does this supplement also remove HDL-good cholesterol? My A1C level has been between 5.8 to 6.1 for the past 5 years. also concerning. How do I get my # s back in shape? I am currently taking additional Omega 3 supplements(1400mg) once per day, eating better and exercising more to lose about 10lbs. What else should I be doing? Can you help me? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, George Skalski
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Omega 3 amino acid capsule is helpful for you. LDL level is so high. You should use 5 garlic empty stomach every day. If you want than you can roast them also. after breakfast you can use apple vinegar 10 ml twice a day. It help to reduce your ldl level also helpful for joint flexibility.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.