Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

How can high blood sugar during full term pregnancy be controlled ?

hi my mom is 39, and she is almst 9 mnths pregnant , she is checking her sugar because there is a chance tht she might hav diabetes , she jus checked her sugar a few minutes ago, and it was 193, wat can she do or wat shud she do after having it that high??
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.It is nice that at your age you are concerned about your mothers health.Your parents must be lucky to have child like you.anyway this blood sugar is high.But in pregnancy the blood sugar tends to rise at times and even can go beyond that.Ask her to avoid too much of sugar and restrict carbohydrate containing foods.Ask her to walk regularly if her doctor permits.Keep checking blood sugar regularly and keep your doctor posted about it.
Answered: Tue, 8 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor