Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

How can hemoglobin level in child be increased ?

Hi doc, my 11 month old baby has very much low haemoglobin ie 9.7 he is active but he passes stoolatleast 3 times a day. I Have given him Tonferon for 3 months..but no improvement has seen,his wt. Is just 7.4 Kg and ht is 67 cm. I m very much worried because he looks pale and if I give him high iron content food he passes loose motion .. I give him orange juice and lemon to increase vitamin clvl
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  420
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi, welcome to Healthcare Magic forum.
you will need to get his blood tested to check is it just nutritional iron deficiency or something else. 9.1 is not too low. he will need medicine for worm infestation & preferably give iron syrup empty stomach & with lime will cause better absorption. most important thing is to get his blood tested. take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor