Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

How can gout on the fingers be treated?

I am told that I have gout. my fingers are swollen and I cannot bend or manipulate them very well. At first I was on prednisone but that only made me fat (which I have not lost the 30 pounds that I gained). Then he took me off prednisone and on allipurinol. That has not helped and he added cymbalta. That also has not helped. The only thing that has worked is Duexis, which cannot be taken on a regular basis due to the damage of the liver (or kidney) What would you recommend?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Jul 2017
Answers:  1 Views:  2
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. At acute gout period you need to take NSAIDs like indomethacin. Avoid high purine foods like red meat, organ meats etc and alchol. Once acute attack is over then you can switch on to uricosuric drugs like Febuxostat.
Answered: Thu, 12 Oct 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor