Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can fluid leakage from blisters on the calves be treated?

I have venous stasis with several blisters on the front of my calves. I am very careful, and in over 2-3 yrs, they remain the same and have never opened. However, yesterday I tripped and fell against an item that had a pokey end on it, and it pierced one of the blisters. I cleaned it very well and put tribiotic ointment on it, with several sterile gauze taped over it. But it has never stopped leaking water, and I can t keep up with changing the gauze! How can I get the leakage to stop, and will it ever heal and close?? Thank you.
Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Try leaving the wound open. Along with the twice application of antiseptic cream, also apply and antiseptic powder in between. (don’t mix cream and powder) So if you are applying the antiseptic cream in the morning and night, then apply the antiseptic powder in the afternoon. Start an oral antibiotic as well Augmenting DUO twice a day for 5-6 days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello, my 4yr old daughter has got a cluster of small blisters behind her knee. There is no redness, they don t seem to be itchy or bothering her. I would say they are fluid filled, but very small. They don t appear to be anywhere else on her body. Any idea what they are? thanks.

doctor1 MD

I have red raised fluid filled bluster looking things on the back of leg near ankles. They get large, size of quarter and fill with fluid and leak a clear liquid then scab over but the process rakes a couple weeks. Don t know what they are, or how to treat them

doctor1 MD

I hit my leg against my walker adn it cause a blister on my leg which is now leaking yellow fluid. up to now it has been a clear liquid. what should I do about this problem? My legs are both swollen - I have a sedentary job where I do cust service onl the phone.