How can flu be treated?

am a family of 5.....4 3 and 2 year old children......5 days ago 2 of us....me and our oldest child came down with a strong flu....now all 5 uf us have it.......the children are on tylenol fever and pain.....and benadryl......am taking a dayquil myself........but it only seems to take the edge off........
Wed, 14 Mar 2018
Hello and thank you for consulting HCM for your questions!

I read very carefully your post and I completely understand your delicate situation having everybody in the family and especially young children affected by flu! There is no specific treatment for flu and I guess you did not apply the anti-flu vaccine. Some antivirals could help ease the symptoms and signs of flu, shorten by a day or two the natural progress of the disease and prevent other infections in young children but your doctor has to advice this kind of treatment to you.
If you can dominate the fever for everybody in your family, then I would suggest you to continue with such treatment until the symptoms will ease. On the other hand, you should use high doses of vitamin C (up to 1 gram per day for adults and up to 500 mg day for children), keep optimally hydrated and fed.
Always keep a vigilant eye on children for cough and high fever. If they continue to worsen then you have to contact your doctor and consider antibiotic treatment in order to prevent secondary bacterial infection.
I wish a fast recovery for all of you!