How can fever and runny nose in a toddler be treated?

my son around 2.7yrs old has fever from 2days at intermediary times. i gave him calpol 250mg and he has high chest sputum due to cold and it seems running nose appearing yellow colour on his sneezeing. despite of giving him calpol at night 10pm he has fever the complete night, iam giving chericof and sax , antibiotic azee 200 is also given before food the last night. but he has good fecal and urinary discharge. he is active too but his eyes seems watery and tired
Fri, 9 Feb 2018
Hello! Welcome to HealthcareMagic!

I understand your concern. Some advice that I can give you are: 

1) Use saline and suction.
2) Continue with Calpol 250mg, for the fever.
3) Use a humidifier or a cool-mist vaporizer.
4) Elevate your child's head.

Hope my answer was helpful. If you have any other question Ill be glad to help.

Thank you for the query.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician