Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can face scars on lips be treated ?

hi my name is rohit and i need your help, in my face not on top left lips 1 inc state cut mark is there, when i am 4 year now my age is 23 year old that mark is bad looking so i need to remove suggest me
Fri, 27 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Procedures ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Cut mark on the topleft lips ....ATROPHIC SCAR...,
It is due to fibroisis...till child hood means...Total alighnment could be changed..,
So....LASER...,DERMA FILLERS are not useful for this case..,
The best SURGICAL..,
plastic surgery is right choice...ok..,
So consult good PLASTIC SURGEON.... and go accordingly ok..good luck.,
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Rohit

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

The cut mark on your face could be a scar that developed due to injury.Scars can be removed by surgical procedure though other means are not so effective in old scars.
I advise you to visit a Plastic surgeon and after careful examination the procedure needed to be opted and the extent of scar removable can be discussed.You can search for a Plastic surgeon in our Experts list near your location.

Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Rohit , treatment depends upon the type of the scar.If it is depressed scar then you have two basic option : one is LASER & the other is FILLER .You may require couple of sessions of laser to improve your scar.It may not give you 100% result ,but definetly a good improvement .In fact I should tell you that no procedure can give you 100% result.In fillers ,we use injections of collagen to fill up the depressed skin.But this would be temporary result ,as it desolves in 6-8 months time ,and you would require a second shot again.
If the scar is raised then you can go for steroid injection over the lesion to soften it .
You can also go for the surgical excession (if there is no keloidal tendency) .But surgical excession would again lead to a linear scar (may be a bit better looking),as one needs to suture the scar again .
A laser (co2 laser or a pulse dye laser ) can also be used to depress a raised scar .
Some times a combination treatment is required.

You should consult a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist who have facilities of different lasers in their clinic.
If you can tell me where you belong to then probably I can suggest you a good clinic.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i am a cheerleader, and i fell on the mat and scraped my face, so between my eyes on my nose, my upper lip, and my chin all have what looks like rug burn marks, but between my eyes is the worst, it actually bled. where as on my chin and upper lip it is just raw and red. how do i get rid of these marks as fast as possible?

doctor1 MD

as i am suffering with acne problem and scars on my face......i want my skin to be free from scars and improvement of colour on my face........plz suggest me how can i improve my face colour......any tablets that avaliable in the medical stores in hyderabad, india

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, im female, 19th, 40kg, 145cm. now im suffering from acne on my face, back, and chest. ive been trying many products untill the expensive ones but never get cured. currently im using sebamed cleanser and taking EPO, there s improoved after i tried, it was better than before. but i have a lot of scars because of acne on my whole face, which is it makes me shameful . i still have acne problem untill now, and i think just by only use that product that i mentioned before doesnt really help me. can you give me suggestion? thank you

Recent questions on  Plastic surgery

doctor1 MD

hello doctor, i am 23 years of age and loosing hairs from the top centre of my hairs were thin and curly from childhoood and it started falling from a very early age.Now i just want to request you to kindly guide me in the right direction whether what should i do.medication will be helpfull or i should go for hair transplant?

doctor1 MD

I am 18 years old and in good health in my opinion (never needed to go to doctors) and for years now I have had what appears to be small pimples but feel like stones underneath the skin of my penis beneath the head. I am not circumcised and they don't cause any discomfort at all but can occasionally hurt if squeezed etc.

doctor1 MD

I just had abdominal surgery about 2 months ago, my small intestins were obstructed by scar tissue frome a previous surgery so they had to they had to go in and removed some of the scar tissue and a few feet of my small intestins. now my stool is like a black tar and it feels like im ripping open on the inside

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc, I recently had a hair transplant operation. Some of the grafts were transplanted in the area where hair density was less. Now after one month, as was told the transplanted hair have started to fall. But the problem I want to ask is that, the already existing hair in those regions are having very slow growth. I want to ask that does the transplant effect the already existing hair growth also?

doctor1 MD

I am interested in having a breast lift and implants...I am 59 years good health! I am a bit scared, never had any surgery before, lol, not looking to be Dolly Parton, but want to fill a bra properly! May you recommend to me an excellent...

doctor1 MD

Hello, this question is for a dermatologist or a general surgeon . I suffer from multiple lipomas in my arms, thighs and back. My questions: 1) Is there a treatment available for lipomas to stop them from growing or increasing in size? 2) If...

doctor1 MD

My whole scalp is now a (Gel). I went to Specialists Dermatologist Dr's etc. They did many biopsies took pictures and only told me it's in GRANULAR ???? I just want some medicine to heal it, or to have it removed or Plastic Surgery to fix it. I...