How can eye floaters with blurred vision and redness be treated?

I am 55 years old, nearsighted, and had laser treatment for tears in my retina in September. I'd been seeing flashing lights in the periphery of my left eye. I experienced more flashes of light after the treatment and was very wary of what was happening, had two follow-up apointments and was told the flashes of light were normal, the eye was healing. I had sex and noticed the appearance of floaters, first a few and many more flashes too, and a couple of days later suddenly had a massive amount of floaters flooding my eye as well as the flashes and went to emergency. I was told I had had PVD, my retina was fine and to go for a follow-up appointment in a month. I was told it was OK to swim regularly as I do and to have sexual relations. I can't help but associate the incident to having had sex, and the floaters, I fear, are here to stay. They are very worrying and are in my field of vision, black and lighter specks, smoky film, like looking through a veil. I have also had a redder left eye and ticks in my left eyelid that last for long periods of time. I wonder if you could help me. Thank you!
Mon, 25 Aug 2014