Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can excessive body heat be treated?

I would like to know what I can do about this body heat I am having. For the past 3 years - I get these hot spells which are similar to the Hot Flashes I had when I was in my 50 s. I am now 79 and so uncomfortable every day. I was prescribed Venlafaxine HCL 75 MG which I take every day, and I can t say it s helping, but if you have other suggestions - please help me. Thanks very much. Laurestne Bass
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Causes of hot flashes may be due to thyroid problems like hyperthyroidism or foods contain spices and medications or stress or hormone secreting tumors or menopause etc. Treated with anti depressants or Paroxetine or Gabapentin etc. Avoid spicy food and alcohol, avoid smoking. Take green leafy vegetables, do yoga and meditation. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi,my mom has tremounds amount of heat in her body, she s 88 years old and takes varies medications. I have asked her doctors and no one seems to know what s causing it. Here s some of her meds that she s currently taking ! It s very upsetting to watch her be so uncomfortable and the only thing that appears to easy her discomfort is ice packs.....Your experties and help in this matter would be greatly appreciated . ROSUVASTATIN 20MG FUROSEMIDE 40MG LEVOTHYROXINE 75MCG WARFARIN5MG AMLODIPINE5MG METOPROLOL SUCCER 50MG Thank you,

doctor1 MD

My sister is 56 yrs old. Two years ago she started having reactions all over her body with any kind of direct heat. Whether it be the sun, hot water, heat from the oven, a hot coffee cup. Anywhere heat hits her body she looks as if she has been burned badly, instantly and she starts itching. The itching usually last a minimum of 20 minutes and the redness up to a couple of hours. She has been to 3 Doctors and they say they have never seen anything like this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

doctor1 MD

hi, i am having heat in body , i get pimples too, i work in computer 8 hours. during periods first day i get vomit , my age is 33 , not married, i feel vomit is due to hormone imbalance and pitham . my height is 5 feet weight is 60 kg , pls help me reducing body heat, pitham and vomit