How can excessive body heat be treated?

I would like to know what I can do about this body heat I am having. For the past 3 years - I get these hot spells which are similar to the Hot Flashes I had when I was in my 50 s. I am now 79 and so uncomfortable every day. I was prescribed Venlafaxine HCL 75 MG which I take every day, and I can t say it s helping, but if you have other suggestions - please help me. Thanks very much. Laurestne Bass
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Causes of hot flashes may be due to thyroid problems like hyperthyroidism or foods contain spices and medications or stress or hormone secreting tumors or menopause etc. Treated with anti depressants or Paroxetine or Gabapentin etc. Avoid spicy food and alcohol, avoid smoking. Take green leafy vegetables, do yoga and meditation. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.