Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can elevated blood pressure level be treated?

My grandmother has a bp that is 107/86.... what does it mean when these two numbers are close besides the ventricles can t pump and they don t relax either.... she is old 96 and has an ejection fraction of 67% and severe aortic stenosis.... what should her bp look like on ace inhibs, beta blockers, and some water pills....she also just started Eliquist vs. Warferin
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Aortic stenosis is a common cause of closed blood pressure reading (called narrow pulse pressure) so probably its the aortic stenosis. The blood pressure reading of 107/ 86 is not a bad one and is ok for her age. However, as a general rule ACE inhibitors better be avoided in severe aortic stenosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashakiran S's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Blood pressure readings what you have mentioned is within normal range is seems to have maintained adequately. Ejection fraction of 67% is also fine and acceptable and states that her ventricles are functioning normally. Kindly continue the medications what has been prescribed and do the necessary follow-up as advised by your doctor.

Hope the information provided helps.
All the best.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have both hypertension and hypotension. I am seeing a Cardiologist, but have not yet had any additional testing. I have Tortuosity in both sides,...