Thanks for contacting HCM with your health concern
1. when ear ache and sore throat
occur simultaneously, it is possible that the infection began in ear and spread to throat and vice versa [since both are connected via the eustachian tube which makes them both susceptible to infection]
2. consult an ENT Doctor for a strep test
and for further examination and management:
i. He will inspect the throat with a good torch ad tongue depressor
to look out for following possibilities:
- whether tonsils are red & inflamed with tender tonsillar lymph nodes below the angle of mandible [acute tonsillitis]
- whether entire throat i.e. posterior pharyngeal wall is inflamed [acute pharyngitis]
- are there inflamed rough granules over the posterior pharyngeal wall [granular pharyngitis]
- If he sees a white patch
anywhere in the throat he might suspect ' diphtheria'
ii. whatever be the cause, management of them remain the same:
. steam inhalation: 3-4 times a day.
. warm salt water gargles.
. voice rest and rest at home.
. take hot drinks to sip, avoid fried foods, cold drinks, ice cream, oily food
. Antibiotic, in either case, would be azithromycin/erythromycin
and syrup ibuprofen
for symptomatic relief from pain and fever
PS. If however fever still continues, check with an Infectious disease specialist